SPATE OF AWARDS
by Allwin Bright
Its feels like it has been eons since my last post. No specific reasons as such. It was just that I’ve been pure lazy. It’s a pity that my blog lost its momentum completely. Once in a while I did try coming up with a post but, I just couldn’t get over the line.
I am so that glad that I could get over the line with this post. (Actually I haven’t as of now. 😛 But my intuition says that I’ll do it this time.)
Let me get straight to the point. I am writing this post because Trisha has yet again nominated me for a bunch of blogger awards. She has nominated me for the blogger awards every single time. Thank you so very much Trisha. 🙂
I’ve wanted to write this post ever since she nominated me. But I kept putting it off! Damn my habit of procrastinating things.
The following are the blogger awards she has nominated me for:
1. THE LEIBSTER BLOGGER AWARD
- Post 11 things about yourself
- Answer 11 questions set by the nominator
- Choose 11 deserving bloggers meeting the criteria
- Set 11 questions for them.
- Inform the nominee by commenting on one of their posts.
2. DRAGON’S LOYALTY AWARD
- Display the Award Certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award.
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post.
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
3. SUNSHINE AWARD
- If you are nominated you must include the link in a blog, linking to the person/blog that nominated you.
- You must answer some questions and nominate 10 fellow bloggers and link their blogs in your post.
- Let the people you have nominated know that you have nominated them!
4. WONDERFUL TEAM MEMBER READERSHIP AWARD
- The Nominee of the Wonderful Team member Readership Award shall display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar
- The Nominee shall nominate 14 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days (1 week) – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be ALL on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, etc.
- The Nominee shall name his or her Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees on a post or on posts during the 7 day (1 week) period.
- The Nominee shall make these rules, or amended rules keeping to the spirit of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award, known to each reader s/he nominates.
- The Nominee must finish this sentence and post: ”A Great reader is…”
I think following the rules of the leibster blog award and the wonderful team member readership award would very cover up for the rules of the all the awards.
So here we go.
Eleven random things about myself
1. I am not a morning person.
2. I have a freakish left arm. I can bend it into a reflex angle.
3. I’m a hopeless romantic.
4. I used to wear braces back in high school and I hated them.
5. None of my family members read my blog.
6. I’m a Scorpio.
7. I am a dreamer and am almost always in a dreamland.
8. I suffer from Phalacrophobia – the fear of going bald. 😦
9. I’m a home body.
10. I’m clumsy. I’m always spilling things, breaking things, dropping things, bumping into things, etc.
11. When I was younger I used to dream of being a Cricketer.
My answers to Trisha’s questions
1. What is your motto for life?
I do not really have one life motto that I live by. I love this quote from Robert Frost though.
“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”
2. One person you’d love to die for?
It’s hard to single out one. I’d love to die for my parents, my sister and a bunch of people I consider as my best friends.
3. What is your pick- Beaches, mountains or forests?
4. Your definition of your perfect life partner?
One who is extremely patient, listens a lot and accepts me the way I am.
5. Where do you want to spend the last days of your life?
At my hometown, Madurai with family and friends
6. If you could write a book, on what would it be?
It would be about the crazy times and the eccentric group of friends I had in college.
7. One person you’d love to go on a long drive with?
With my girl friend if and only if I had one. 😦
8. What is the first thing you would buy if I give you 50 bucks?
I’d keep it in my Diary. 🙂
9. Who is that one person who actually inspires you?
Subhabrata Dasgupta (Subh), my blogger friend. 🙂
10. Imagine- you have chances of dying tomorrow, who is that one person you’d give your facebook/e-mail password to deactivate it??
I think I’d give it to Subh.
11. Which is that one phrase you always use?
Just smile, you’ll be fine. I always say this to myself looking into the mirror.
Now comes the tough part – Nominating fellow bloggers.
It’s tough because Trisha has already nominated all the bloggers I could think of. Anyways I am nominating the following bloggers. I hope she’ll pardon me for not being able nominate 14 bloggers.
I am very faintly acquainted with a few bloggers I’ve nominated above but I honestly love the way they write.
Now its my turn to ask questions to the award nominees.
1. Who is your favorite blogger? No diplomatic answers. You HAVE to single out one.
2. Recommend me a book
3. Recommend me a movie
4. Which movie/TV character do you most closely associate yourself with?
5. When is your birthday?
6. When was the last time you played the air guitar?
7. What was your childhood nickname?
8. Have you ever searched for your own name on Google?
9. If you could punch one person in the face who’s in your life then who would it be?
10. Did you enjoy answering my random questions?
11. Which was your favorite question?
A great reader is…
A great reader is someone who spends a hell a lot of time reading.
Oops …. Just when I was about to press the publish button I received a notification. It was from Rachna, another wonderful fellow blogger. She has also nominated me for quite a few blogger awards. I seriously do not know if I really deserve this kind of recognition from all of you. Specially when I’ve been in such a blogging rut recently.
Anyways, Congratulations Rachna. Thank you so much for nominating me. And Thank you for also giving me a choice of picking any one award. I think I’ll pick the Leibster blog award.
So here I go again. I love answering questions. Makes me feel like a celebrity giving an interview.
My answers to Rachna’s questions
1. What is the meaning of life?
I am not much into philosophy. Anyways to answer your question I’ll stick to “Live life as it comes.”
2. Happiness is all about…
Happiness is all around you, if you just keep your eyes open for it.
Not thought by me. 😛 I found this wonderful quote here
3. Why did you start a blog?
I started this blog to narrate a hilarious incident of my friend’s life. THE VICTORY PUNCH
4. What is more important in your life relationships or fame?
5. One thing which you like the most about blogging?
There are some truly wonderful people in this world. You get to know them through blogging.
6. What was the best decision you’ve ever made?
I think giving an answer to the worst decision I’ve ever made would have been much easier. However, I think the best decision I’ve ever made in life was to start this blog.
7. Do you believe that unconditional love really exists in any kind of relationship?
Yes, I do believe that unconditional love really exists.
8. What would be your first reaction if your physician recommends you to see a psychologist?
I haven’t had the chance of paying a visit to the psychologist till date. I’d be glad if my physician recommends me one.
9. Do you believe in Karma if yes then what is good karma and bad karma in your opinion?
I don’t exactly believe in Karma. But, I do believe that one must be true to himself/herself.
10. Do you believe in rebirth or afterlife if yes then why?
No, I don’t.
11. What was the best moment of your life?
The day our college won the overall rolling shield in an inter college fest. It just felt incredible.
P.S. – Award nominees – No compulsions to accept these awards. Regardless of whether you accept, or decline the awards, I shall remain a faithful reader of your blog. 🙂