by Allwin Bright
three days four days a week two weeks since Trisha Dey, a wonderful fellow blogger nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award. Before I could write and publish my versatile blogger award post she nominated me for yet another award. This time it was the very inspiring blogger award. Nomination for two blogger awards between a span of two days. 😀 I couldn’t have asked for anything more.
I am extremely honored to receive this recognition. I feel so elated. Words escape me, but the feeling is immense. Thank you very much Trisha.
She nominated me for these awards back on Feb 2 and Feb 5 respectively. I did write the draft version of my award post but, I have been procrastinating on finalizing the post and publishing it. Today, I’ve decided. I’ll publish this post first, other things can wait.
Trisha Dey, author of Silent confessions is truly a versatile and a very inspiring blogger. She often writes about her real life experiences which are all heartfelt and genuine. She also writes poetry. (She has penned down one in Hindi too). I’m so glad to have met her in the blogosphere!
The rules are just the same for both the awards.
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
interesting things about myself:
1. I get extremely nervous when I have to talk on the phone.
2. I am terrible at texting.
3. My grammar and spelling is awful. People who have had a dialogue with me on Facebook or any other chat application know that. The problem is I mess it up some more trying to correct it. In end I feel embarrassed reading it all over again.
4. I am a die hard fan of Kamal Haasan.
5. One of the goals in my life has been to learn to blow a ear-piercingly loud whistle with my mouth and my fingers.
6. I’ve had quiet a few interesting nick names over the years. I had the nickname Shaggy (from Scooby Doo) in High School, then it was Melman – the giraffe from Madagascar in College, now its Mc Gee (Short form of the name Glenn Mc Grath, Australian fast bowler). Of course, I play cricket and I call myself a fast bowler but, I am light years away from Glenn Mc Grath when it comes to fast bowling. I just do not know what made my friends come up with this nickname for me.
7. I have a massive crush on ‘Pretty Little Liars’ actress Lucy Hale.
Here are my nominees (in no particular order) I really adore them all:
Subh: Subhabrata Dasgupta is the first name that comes to my mind when I hear words versatile and inspiring. How can I not nominate him for the versatile and very inspiring blogger awards?
Soumya: I’ve always admired her as a wonderful human and as a blogger, very generous in appreciating and encouraging other fellow bloggers. Comment on any of her posts she’ll reply back almost immediately. Also, whenever someone appreciates her she truly accepts it. She writes poems both in Hindi and in English. There’s no such thing as writer’s block for her. She posts a poem every single day. I have a tough time catching up with her. 😦 LAZY ME!
Prateek Porwal: I found yet another interesting blogger in WordPress today, Prateek Porwal. He has a great sense of humor and a big heart. Time flew by reading his blog. I enjoyed reading his posts. I was having a moody day until I found his blog. Reading his blogs had me grinning ear to ear. He actually made made my day. 🙂 – An excerpt from my diary when I first found Prateek’s blog
Subh, Soumaya and Prateek – Trisha has already nominated you people for both versatile and very inspiring blogger awards. Anyways I am nominating you again. I’ll spare you writing another award post and nominating 15 bloggers again. I don’t mind breaking rules. 😉 I hope you too don’t mind that.
Zeeshan – I absolutely love his blog. He is such a brilliant writer and I envy him. He creates rich imagery with words that has readers clamoring for more. Reading his stories gives you the satisfaction of watching an amazing short film. He also writes beautiful poems.
Vivek – He is yet another blogger I envy. An amazing writer, very genuine and very articulate about his feelings on the subject. I am a BIG fan of his writing!
Ankur Mithal – A veteran. He writes corporate and political satire. Corporate professionals, do check out his blog. You’ll be able relate a lot to his posts and I bet you just won’t be able resist the urge to follow his blog. He has published a book too – “What happens in office stays in office”.
Tushar Sharma – Tushar is the only blogger I know personally. He was my classmate in school for 7 years. He has been blogging only since this January and has already published close to 12 posts. So, he is definitely not a lazy blogger like me. He shared the link for his blog in Facebook just last week. I was so hooked to his blog that I finished reading all his posts in a day. Check out his blog and know it for yourself.
Apoorva – A medical student, an avid reader, a heartbroken young poet and again a genuine blogger. She writes under the pen name random average girl. Interesting isn’t it? Do read her poetry and I’m sure you’ll love it.
Ramu Das – A student of management studies who hates exams. His writing is straight forward and easy to read. It always makes an interesting read.
Rachna – She is new to blogging. She writes because writing makes her happy and to explore her true self. Yet another blogger who also writes poetry in Hindi. 🙂
P.S. – No compulsions to accept these awards. Regardless of whether you accept, or decline the awards, I shall remain a faithful reader! 🙂